Jack the Ripper and Victorian Crime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Son(s) of Sam Cult
Kosminski? Low Class Jew? I_icon_minitimeWed 29 Dec 2021 - 22:22 by Guest

» SK Profile and Indicators
Kosminski? Low Class Jew? I_icon_minitimeMon 27 Dec 2021 - 15:46 by Guest

» Primacy of Victimology
Kosminski? Low Class Jew? I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Dec 2021 - 0:44 by Guest

» Serial Killer Age Demographics
Kosminski? Low Class Jew? I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Dec 2021 - 0:06 by Guest

» Freemasons and Human Anatomy
Kosminski? Low Class Jew? I_icon_minitimeFri 24 Dec 2021 - 1:12 by Guest

» Son of Jim and Mary?
Kosminski? Low Class Jew? I_icon_minitimeThu 23 Dec 2021 - 19:30 by Guest

» The Maybrick Diary: A New Guide through the Labyrinth
Kosminski? Low Class Jew? I_icon_minitimeFri 3 Dec 2021 - 19:28 by Guest

» Doeology v Genealogy
Kosminski? Low Class Jew? I_icon_minitimeSat 13 Nov 2021 - 21:46 by Guest

» Given up on George Chapman?
Kosminski? Low Class Jew? I_icon_minitimeFri 5 Nov 2021 - 20:15 by Guest

» The Meaning of the Goulston Street Graffiti
Kosminski? Low Class Jew? I_icon_minitimeSat 11 Sep 2021 - 19:10 by Guest

I forgot my password

Statistics
We have 15 registered users
The newest registered user is Keith David

Our users have posted a total of 5723 messages in 2445 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 14 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 14 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 516 on Thu 4 Jun 2015 - 16:29

Kosminski? Low Class Jew?

Go down

Kosminski? Low Class Jew? Empty Kosminski? Low Class Jew?

Post by Karen Sat 9 Apr 2011 - 12:38

"JACK THE RIPPER."

SIR ROBERT ANDERSON SAYS HIS IDENTITY WAS KNOWN.

It is now more than twenty years since the "Jack the Ripper" scares thrilled London, and ever since then the general public has believed that the identity of the murderer was never known.
This, however, is not the case. Sir Robert Anderson, K.C.B., in the course of the series of articles now appearing in "Blackwood's Magazine," states emphatically that not only is the identity of the "Ripper" known at Scotland-yard, but that if the police in England had the same powers that are possessed by the French police he would have been brought to justice.
"Undiscovered murders" are rare in London," says Sir Robert, "and the 'Jack the Ripper' crimes are not within that category.
"One did not need to be a Sherlock Holmes to discover that the criminal was a sexual maniac of a virulent type; that he was living in the immediate vicinity of the scenes of the murders; and that if he was not living absolutely alone, his people knew of his guilt, and refused to give him up to justice.
"During my absences abroad the police had made a house-to-house search for him, investigating the case of every man in the district whose circumstances were such that he could go and come and get rid of his bloodstains in secret. And the conclusion we came to was that he and his people were low-class Jews, for it is a remarkable fact that people of that class in the East End will not give up one of their number to Gentile justice.
"I will only add that when the individual whom we suspected was caged in an asylum, the only person who had ever had a good view of the murderer at once identified him, but when he learned that the suspect was a fellow Jew he declined to swear to him."

Source: The Daily Express, London, Saturday February 26, 1910, Page 1

Unfortunately, for Sir Robert, there are two incorrect statements that he has made, which are in direct contradiction with other known statements also made by him. In this article, he stated that the suspect was a low-class Jew. On information which has since been found, and placed upon this forum, A. Kosminki was described as an Esquire, or gentleman, who had sufficient income to be donating over 1 pound to the repairs/renovations of the synagogue in Castle-Alley.

The second incorrect statement is that the suspect was safely caged in an asylum, and for those of us who have read the memoirs of Anderson in his "Lighter Side of My Official Life," he stated that "Kosminski was the suspect." Again, this is a problem for him, since I have recently discovered shipping records that have A. Kosminski travelling between the ports of England and Australia between the years of 1896-1897.

So, just how much credence have you put into Sir Robert Anderson's claims? For it now might send you to the hills.
Karen
Karen
Admin

https://victorianripper.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down