Jack the Ripper and Victorian Crime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Son(s) of Sam Cult
After Gull's Death I_icon_minitimeWed 29 Dec 2021 - 22:22 by Guest

» SK Profile and Indicators
After Gull's Death I_icon_minitimeMon 27 Dec 2021 - 15:46 by Guest

» Primacy of Victimology
After Gull's Death I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Dec 2021 - 0:44 by Guest

» Serial Killer Age Demographics
After Gull's Death I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Dec 2021 - 0:06 by Guest

» Freemasons and Human Anatomy
After Gull's Death I_icon_minitimeFri 24 Dec 2021 - 1:12 by Guest

» Son of Jim and Mary?
After Gull's Death I_icon_minitimeThu 23 Dec 2021 - 19:30 by Guest

» The Maybrick Diary: A New Guide through the Labyrinth
After Gull's Death I_icon_minitimeFri 3 Dec 2021 - 19:28 by Guest

» Doeology v Genealogy
After Gull's Death I_icon_minitimeSat 13 Nov 2021 - 21:46 by Guest

» Given up on George Chapman?
After Gull's Death I_icon_minitimeFri 5 Nov 2021 - 20:15 by Guest

» The Meaning of the Goulston Street Graffiti
After Gull's Death I_icon_minitimeSat 11 Sep 2021 - 19:10 by Guest

I forgot my password

Statistics
We have 15 registered users
The newest registered user is Keith David

Our users have posted a total of 5723 messages in 2445 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 14 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 14 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 516 on Thu 4 Jun 2015 - 16:29

After Gull's Death

Go down

After Gull's Death Empty After Gull's Death

Post by Karen Mon 9 May 2011 - 7:32

THE GULL STUDENTSHIP IN PATHOLOGY.

SIR WILLIAM CAMERON GULL has founded a Gull Studentship in Pathology at the Medical School of Guy's Hospital, with which his father, Sir William Withey Gull, was so long and so honourably connected. The studentship will be of the yearly value of 125 pounds, with a further allowance of 25 pounds for apparatus. The appointment will be tenable for three years and may be renewed for two years more. The student will not be selected by examination, and the appointment will be open, though preference will be given to a suitable candidate from Guy's Hospital. The foundation will worthily commemorate the late Sir William Gull's love for pathological studies, as well as his long tenure of office as physician to Guy's Hospital.

Source: The British Medical Journal, February 7, 1891, Page 296
Karen
Karen
Admin

https://victorianripper.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

After Gull's Death Empty Re: After Gull's Death

Post by Karen Mon 9 May 2011 - 7:35

In order to facilitate the arrangements for the funeral of Sir William Gull, at Thorpe-le-Soken, on Monday next, friends who propose to attend are requested to communicate with Mr. Gull, or with Dr. Acland, 7, Brook Street, not later than today (Saturday).

Source: The British Medical Journal, February 1, 1890, Page 251
Karen
Karen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen Mon 9 May 2011 - 7:38

MEDICAL BARONETS.

The death of Sir William Gull reduces the number of medical baronets to two, one of whom, Sir William Jenner, has virtually retired from practice, leaving only Sir Andrew Clark. Of surgical baronets, on the other hand, there are seven, of whom all but two are in active practice.

Source: The British Medical Journal, February 8, 1890, Page 309
Karen
Karen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen Mon 9 May 2011 - 7:50

SIR WILLIAM GULL'S WILL. - By his will, with a codicil dated November 27th, 1888, the late Sir William Withey Gull, of 74, Brook Street, M.D., who died on January 29th last, aged 74 years, leaving personalty valued at 344,022 pounds, 19s. 7d., appointed as executors his wife, Dame Susan Anne Gull, his son, Sir William Cameron Gull, of Gloucester Street, Portman Square, the present baronet, Mr. Edmund Hobhouse, and Mr. Walter Barry Lindley; and bequeathed to the acting executors 500 pounds each; to Miss Mary Jackson 500 pounds; to two nieces 100 pounds each; to Lady Gull's maid 200 pounds; to his amanuensis, Miss Susan Spratt, 50 pounds; and to his butler, William Brown, 52 pounds 10s. a year for his life. The testator makes heirlooms of his presentation plate and of the jewelled snuffbox given him by the Empress Eugenie, and bequeaths the remainder of his plate, his pictures, furniture, and household effects and 3,000 pounds to Lady Gull, who is to have the use for her life of the house in Brook Street, and a life annuity of 3,000 pounds to commence twelve months after the testator's death. He bequeaths 26,000 pounds in trust for his daughter, Caroline, wife of Dr. Theodore Dyke Acland; and 40,000 pounds to his son, Sir William Cameron Gull, upon whom he entails all his real estate, and leaves the residue of his personal estate in trust for the purchase of real estate in England or Scotland, but not in Ireland, to be held with the entailed estate.

Source: The British Medical Journal, March 29, 1890, Page 744
Karen
Karen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down