Jack the Ripper and Victorian Crime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Son(s) of Sam Cult
Charles Guiver's Suspicious Death I_icon_minitimeWed 29 Dec 2021 - 22:22 by Guest

» SK Profile and Indicators
Charles Guiver's Suspicious Death I_icon_minitimeMon 27 Dec 2021 - 15:46 by Guest

» Primacy of Victimology
Charles Guiver's Suspicious Death I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Dec 2021 - 0:44 by Guest

» Serial Killer Age Demographics
Charles Guiver's Suspicious Death I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Dec 2021 - 0:06 by Guest

» Freemasons and Human Anatomy
Charles Guiver's Suspicious Death I_icon_minitimeFri 24 Dec 2021 - 1:12 by Guest

» Son of Jim and Mary?
Charles Guiver's Suspicious Death I_icon_minitimeThu 23 Dec 2021 - 19:30 by Guest

» The Maybrick Diary: A New Guide through the Labyrinth
Charles Guiver's Suspicious Death I_icon_minitimeFri 3 Dec 2021 - 19:28 by Guest

» Doeology v Genealogy
Charles Guiver's Suspicious Death I_icon_minitimeSat 13 Nov 2021 - 21:46 by Guest

» Given up on George Chapman?
Charles Guiver's Suspicious Death I_icon_minitimeFri 5 Nov 2021 - 20:15 by Guest

» The Meaning of the Goulston Street Graffiti
Charles Guiver's Suspicious Death I_icon_minitimeSat 11 Sep 2021 - 19:10 by Guest

I forgot my password

Statistics
We have 15 registered users
The newest registered user is Keith David

Our users have posted a total of 5723 messages in 2445 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 12 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 516 on Thu 4 Jun 2015 - 16:29

Charles Guiver's Suspicious Death

Go down

Charles Guiver's Suspicious Death Empty Charles Guiver's Suspicious Death

Post by Karen Sat 21 Sep 2013 - 11:58

SEQUEL TO THE WHITECHAPEL TRAGEDY.

At the inquest in London on Monday on the body of Chas. Guiver, aged 34 years, lately acting as night watchman at a common lodging-house in White's-row, Spitalfields, who died suddenly on Wednesday last, it was shown that death was due to apoplexy accelerated by excitement. The deceased was one of the principal witnesses in the inquiry into the circumstances attending the murder of Frances Coles in Swallow-gardens, and had suffered from pains in his head since he identified the body.

Source: Cardiff Times, 7 March 1891, Page 3
Karen
Karen
Admin

https://victorianripper.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Charles Guiver's Suspicious Death Empty Re: Charles Guiver's Suspicious Death

Post by Karen Sun 29 Mar 2020 - 10:13

Charles Guiver, one of the principal witnesses at the inquest on Frances Coles, murdered in Whitechapel, died suddenly on Wednesday night.

Source: Bristol Mercury, Friday 27 February, 1891
Karen
Karen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen Sun 29 Mar 2020 - 10:17

At an inquest held on Monday at Shoreditch Town Hall respecting the death of Charles Guiver, one of the principal witnesses in this case, medical evidence was given to show that death was due to apoplexy, accelerated by excitement. A verdict to that effect was returned.

Source: Reynolds's Newspaper, Sunday 8 March, 1891
Karen
Karen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen Sun 29 Mar 2020 - 10:23

SUDDEN DEATH OF A WITNESS.

The coroner for North East London has received information of the sudden death of Charles Guiver, at No. 8, White's-row, Spitalfields, the common lodging-house where Frances Coles and Sadler were seen previous to the murder. The deceased was one of the principal witnesses at the inquest. Dr. Dukes, of Brick-lane, who was called after death, was unable to account for the same, and the coroner ordered a post-mortem examination to be made.

Source: Broughty Ferry Guide and Advertiser, Friday 6 March, 1891
Karen
Karen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen Thu 2 Apr 2020 - 10:35

I was not aware that Charles Guiver died suddenly shortly after testifying at the inquest upon the death of Frances Coles:

At the inquest in London on Monday on the body of Charles Guiver, aged 34 years, lately acting as night watchman at a common lodging house in White's-row, Spitalfields, who died suddenly on Wednesday last, it was shown that death was due to apoplexy accelerated by excitement.
Deceased was one of the principal witnesses in the inquiry into the circumstances attending the murder of Frances Coles in Swallow-gardens, and had suffered from pains in his head since he identified the body.

Source: Pembrokeshire Herald and General Advertiser, 6 March 1891, Page 2
Karen
Karen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down