Jack the Ripper and Victorian Crime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Son(s) of Sam Cult
What new feature would you like to see on this forum? I_icon_minitimeWed 29 Dec 2021 - 22:22 by Guest

» SK Profile and Indicators
What new feature would you like to see on this forum? I_icon_minitimeMon 27 Dec 2021 - 15:46 by Guest

» Primacy of Victimology
What new feature would you like to see on this forum? I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Dec 2021 - 0:44 by Guest

» Serial Killer Age Demographics
What new feature would you like to see on this forum? I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Dec 2021 - 0:06 by Guest

» Freemasons and Human Anatomy
What new feature would you like to see on this forum? I_icon_minitimeFri 24 Dec 2021 - 1:12 by Guest

» Son of Jim and Mary?
What new feature would you like to see on this forum? I_icon_minitimeThu 23 Dec 2021 - 19:30 by Guest

» The Maybrick Diary: A New Guide through the Labyrinth
What new feature would you like to see on this forum? I_icon_minitimeFri 3 Dec 2021 - 19:28 by Guest

» Doeology v Genealogy
What new feature would you like to see on this forum? I_icon_minitimeSat 13 Nov 2021 - 21:46 by Guest

» Given up on George Chapman?
What new feature would you like to see on this forum? I_icon_minitimeFri 5 Nov 2021 - 20:15 by Guest

» The Meaning of the Goulston Street Graffiti
What new feature would you like to see on this forum? I_icon_minitimeSat 11 Sep 2021 - 19:10 by Guest

I forgot my password

Statistics
We have 15 registered users
The newest registered user is Keith David

Our users have posted a total of 5723 messages in 2445 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 516 on Thu 4 Jun 2015 - 16:29

What new feature would you like to see on this forum?

2 posters

Go down

What new feature would you like to see on this forum?

What new feature would you like to see on this forum? I_vote_lcap40%What new feature would you like to see on this forum? I_vote_rcap 40% 
[ 2 ]
What new feature would you like to see on this forum? I_vote_lcap0%What new feature would you like to see on this forum? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
What new feature would you like to see on this forum? I_vote_lcap60%What new feature would you like to see on this forum? I_vote_rcap 60% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 5
Back

What new feature would you like to see on this forum? Empty What new feature would you like to see on this forum?

Post by Karen Thu 21 Nov 2013 - 10:11

I would like to know if my readers, members, and posters would like to see any of these new features on the "Jack the Ripper and Victorian Crime" website. Please vote.
Karen
Karen
Admin

https://victorianripper.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

What new feature would you like to see on this forum? Empty Re: What new feature would you like to see on this forum?

Post by Mr Hyde Thu 21 Nov 2013 - 15:06

Oow,oow....me,me....

An informal "muck up" Forum.

A chance to take the Mickey out of some of the "suspects" and the "Diary".

Think I've been Diary intolerant for several years.

Mr Hyde

Back to top Go down

What new feature would you like to see on this forum? Empty Re: What new feature would you like to see on this forum?

Post by Karen Thu 21 Nov 2013 - 21:57

I have enabled the new Chatbox, which can be found at the bottom of the homepage. At this time, only registered members can use it.
Karen
Karen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen Thu 21 Nov 2013 - 22:12

Mr Hyde wrote:Oow,oow....me,me....

An informal "muck up" Forum.

A chance to take the Mickey out of some of the "suspects" and the "Diary".

Think I've been Diary intolerant for several years.
Thanks, Mr. Hyde! I have added a new forum dedicated especially for the Maybrick diary, and the link can be found here:

http://victorianripper.niceboard.org/f128-maybrick-diary-debate
Karen
Karen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Hyde Thu 21 Nov 2013 - 23:10

Arggh!

What did I do wrong?

Mr Hyde

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen Fri 22 Nov 2013 - 8:43

Mr. Hyde,

Maybe I didn't put my point across succinctly enough, but, I meant the first SUSPECT-BASED book in which an innocent person is implicated as being Jack the Ripper. The Lodger did not name a specific person as Jack the Ripper.
Karen
Karen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Hyde Fri 22 Nov 2013 - 21:57

Your apology is accepted.

The Lodger's name was Sleuth.He was innocent.There was a point to the book.It remains a good read.

All jokes aside,I have suffered from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome for 31 years and it does often impair my cognitive faculties.

You will often notice that my syntax is poor.Typing is a real chore.I spend more time correcting than composing.

As an aside....Earth Spirit,an 1895 play is worth a read.

Both Jack and J & Hyde have been subject to some "serious" academic debates for the last century or so.

Most of it is piffle.

My movie will dispel any doubts about that.

I enjoy a good movie,book and play on the Victorian era.No doubt your books are in that category.

Pretty much addicted since second grade.Curse you Sir Arthur Conan Doyle! ROFL.

RL Stevenson had two very good reasons for writing his novella.The duality of one person was neither.

My plea for a Muck Up Forum is renewed.Even if I might have erred once again with my spelling.

All the Best,

Edward.

Mr Hyde

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 May 2014 - 16:46

I would like to see a place for site statistics, highlighting the posts with the most hits from outside, so we can boost the thread with more posts and links.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Hyde Sat 17 May 2014 - 17:20

I'd be curious about the number of hits on various threads,if Karen's software permits.

Mr Hyde

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen Sun 18 May 2014 - 10:22

Maybea wrote:I would like to see a place for site statistics, highlighting the posts with the most hits from outside, so we can boost the thread with more posts and links.
On the main page of the forum, you can now see the site statistics.
Karen
Karen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 2 Jun 2014 - 13:58

Are all the Goulston threads in the Eddowes section?

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen Mon 2 Jun 2014 - 19:33

Maybea,

Yes, all of the Goulston Street threads are in the Eddowes forum.
Karen
Karen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 2 Jul 2014 - 18:52

Personally, Karen,

I would like to see the site remain for the most part a research site where posters can post their original research and new findings.

Pontificating unsubstantiated pet theories based on personal assumptions and not backed up by new or old data, should be kept to a minimum.

I consider this Pub Talk chatter and coffee shop conversations. It's rife on other sites and I don't understand why anyone would want their Tim Horton's conversations posted for the world to see.

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen Fri 4 Jul 2014 - 15:04

You are just trying to annoy me, and it will not work. May I remind you that this is MY site and not yours?
I will not acquiesce to your request, period. If you do not enjoy this free website, with free research, you can begin your own.
Karen
Karen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 5 Jul 2014 - 16:05

Sorry, Karen, I honestly never noticed you doing anything that I would define as 'pontificating'. I know you have your theory and all. So do I and most if not all of the other posters.

All theories however need to be presented, as you do, with original or rediscovered research. Government records, newspaper reports, historical facts, family genealogy etc...

As I said, I have my own suspect but I won't chime in on threads just based on that. He's wrong. She's wrong. I'm right. You should know that, yadda, yadda!

I'd be like someone saying your theory is wrong because "Jack's an unknown, blue-collar local', a comment based on the thinking of people who say nothing is known about Jack but yet still know him like the back of their hand.

These people might come here and not be challenged. That's my worry.

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen Sun 6 Jul 2014 - 14:59

Oh, trust me, most people who come here to view my site are indeed, challenged.
Karen
Karen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Hyde Sun 6 Jul 2014 - 23:34

ROFL!

Mr Hyde

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Dec 2014 - 16:01

Karen, I was wondering if we could have a year end review. The other reviews I'm sure will be all about the shawl and the DNA, and the lists of all the years media related to the Ripper. 

I'd like to see one with the highlights of online research.

All the best for Christmas.
Forsure

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Hyde Thu 25 Dec 2014 - 8:53

My highlight of the year has been Maybea researching Charles Pateman.

Mission Hall Court has been mentioned over the years but not in the context of serving food to the masses on Sunday mornings.
At least not recently.

Especially with Polly living so close at Wilmott's and Mary Kelly having resided at Cooley's in 1886.

Wonder how many of The Five breakfasted there when times were toughest?

Shawls and DNA....meh.

Mr Hyde

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen Fri 26 Dec 2014 - 20:27

For me, the highlight of my research this year, was the acquisition of the photograph of Inspector Thomas Roots, which was given to me by a family member. Photo found here:

http://victorianripper.niceboard.org/t2063-inspector-thomas-roots
Karen
Karen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 29 Dec 2014 - 15:50

Mr Hyde wrote:Shawls and DNA....meh.
Next, someone will come out with D'Onston's bloody neckties! 

Thank you, Karen and H.

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen Thu 5 Mar 2020 - 14:47

The chatbox was not a great success.
Karen
Karen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum