Jack the Ripper and Victorian Crime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Son(s) of Sam Cult
Ghastly Murder In New York Points To Surgeon I_icon_minitimeWed 29 Dec 2021 - 22:22 by Guest

» SK Profile and Indicators
Ghastly Murder In New York Points To Surgeon I_icon_minitimeMon 27 Dec 2021 - 15:46 by Guest

» Primacy of Victimology
Ghastly Murder In New York Points To Surgeon I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Dec 2021 - 0:44 by Guest

» Serial Killer Age Demographics
Ghastly Murder In New York Points To Surgeon I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Dec 2021 - 0:06 by Guest

» Freemasons and Human Anatomy
Ghastly Murder In New York Points To Surgeon I_icon_minitimeFri 24 Dec 2021 - 1:12 by Guest

» Son of Jim and Mary?
Ghastly Murder In New York Points To Surgeon I_icon_minitimeThu 23 Dec 2021 - 19:30 by Guest

» The Maybrick Diary: A New Guide through the Labyrinth
Ghastly Murder In New York Points To Surgeon I_icon_minitimeFri 3 Dec 2021 - 19:28 by Guest

» Doeology v Genealogy
Ghastly Murder In New York Points To Surgeon I_icon_minitimeSat 13 Nov 2021 - 21:46 by Guest

» Given up on George Chapman?
Ghastly Murder In New York Points To Surgeon I_icon_minitimeFri 5 Nov 2021 - 20:15 by Guest

» The Meaning of the Goulston Street Graffiti
Ghastly Murder In New York Points To Surgeon I_icon_minitimeSat 11 Sep 2021 - 19:10 by Guest

I forgot my password

Statistics
We have 15 registered users
The newest registered user is Keith David

Our users have posted a total of 5723 messages in 2445 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 516 on Thu 4 Jun 2015 - 16:29

Ghastly Murder In New York Points To Surgeon

Go down

Ghastly Murder In New York Points To Surgeon Empty Ghastly Murder In New York Points To Surgeon

Post by Karen Sun 28 Feb 2010 - 12:11

THE POLICE ARE BAFFLED.
NEW YORK MURDER MYSTERY IS UNSOLVED.
More Remains Taken From the River Believed to Belong to Mutilated Body.

New York, Oct. 12. - The police department reported today that a bundle supposed to contain human entrails had been found in the East river at the foot of Dover street. The bundle was wrapped in cheese cloth and was sent to the morgue by order of the coroner. The find was wrapped in a white canvas bag two and a half feet long and sixteen inches wide. The flesh was covered with blood and with it were four small and one large piece of medicated gauze soaked with blood. A lot of what is supposed to be surgical cotton was also found in a corner of the bag.
On the inside of the bag, towards one corner, were found the letters M.A.T. The letters were an inch and a quarter in height.
There was nothing else about the bag that would lead to identification.
There seems little doubt that this new fragment is a part of the body of the woman whose left thigh was found in West Twelfth street last Sunday, but unless the head or some portion of the body bearing a scar or birthmark should be found, the police despair of unraveling the mystery. One line on which the detectives were working has come to nothing, as the parents of Mrs. Gertrude Billings, whose husband reported her missing, say they know where she is and that she is in good health.

Source: The Fort Wayne Sentinel, Thursday, October 12, 1899
Karen
Karen
Admin

https://victorianripper.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down