Jack the Ripper and Victorian Crime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Son(s) of Sam Cult
Primacy of Victimology I_icon_minitimeWed 29 Dec 2021 - 22:22 by Guest

» SK Profile and Indicators
Primacy of Victimology I_icon_minitimeMon 27 Dec 2021 - 15:46 by Guest

» Primacy of Victimology
Primacy of Victimology I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Dec 2021 - 0:44 by Guest

» Serial Killer Age Demographics
Primacy of Victimology I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Dec 2021 - 0:06 by Guest

» Freemasons and Human Anatomy
Primacy of Victimology I_icon_minitimeFri 24 Dec 2021 - 1:12 by Guest

» Son of Jim and Mary?
Primacy of Victimology I_icon_minitimeThu 23 Dec 2021 - 19:30 by Guest

» The Maybrick Diary: A New Guide through the Labyrinth
Primacy of Victimology I_icon_minitimeFri 3 Dec 2021 - 19:28 by Guest

» Doeology v Genealogy
Primacy of Victimology I_icon_minitimeSat 13 Nov 2021 - 21:46 by Guest

» Given up on George Chapman?
Primacy of Victimology I_icon_minitimeFri 5 Nov 2021 - 20:15 by Guest

» The Meaning of the Goulston Street Graffiti
Primacy of Victimology I_icon_minitimeSat 11 Sep 2021 - 19:10 by Guest

I forgot my password

Statistics
We have 15 registered users
The newest registered user is Keith David

Our users have posted a total of 5723 messages in 2445 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 516 on Thu 4 Jun 2015 - 16:29

Primacy of Victimology

Go down

Primacy of Victimology Empty Primacy of Victimology

Post by Guest Sun 19 Sep 2021 - 15:06

There's a lot of talk about remembering the victims, recognizing who they were and how they lived, and putting them first in the discourse. One way to do that, I think, is to promote the notion of Primacy of Victimology.

Victimology, branch of criminology that scientifically studies the relationship between an injured party and an offender by examining the causes and the nature of the consequent suffering.  Specifically, victimology focuses on whether the perpetrators were complete strangers, mere acquaintances, friends, family members, or even intimates and why a particular person or place was targeted. Criminalvictimization may inflict economic costs, physical injuries, and psychological harm.

Victimology first emerged in the 1940s and ’50s, when several criminologists (notably Hans von Hentig, Benjamin Mendelsohn, and Henri Ellenberger) examined victim-offender interactions and stressed reciprocal influences and role reversals. These pioneers raised the possibility that certain individuals who suffered wounds and losses might share some degree of responsibility with the lawbreakers for their own misfortunes. For example, the carelessness of some motorists made the tasks of thieves easier... Britannica.com

Primacy of Victimology

Victimology (victim type) here is shown to have primacy over modus operandi in developing the foundation of a serial killer profile.

And don't forget its derivation

Consciousness Theory

This is the theory that you are what you think and you do unto whom you think about, not just because you have a motive to hurt or benefit them but because you are hurtful or benevolent and they are your primary object of consciousness or close to primary.*

Ralph Waldo Emerson wrote:You think me the child of my circumstances: I make my circumstance. Let any thought or motive of mine be different from that they are, the difference will transform my condition and economy. I – this thought which is called I, – is the mould into which the world is poured like melted wax. The mould is invisible, but the world betrays the shape of the mould. 

*Not to be confused with Theories of Consciousness which are thoughts on the properties of mental self-awareness.

Back to top Go down

Primacy of Victimology Empty Re: Primacy of Victimology

Post by Guest Sun 19 Sep 2021 - 15:13

Primacy of Victimology, Nietzchean Reflective Profiling, and the William Wilson Effect.

It doesn't matter if you're a victim or a victimizer. In fact, Primacy of Victimology sees a co-relationship between murder victim and killer. 

It's just like in the Edgar Allen Poe story, William Wilson. He was his own enemy. He was his own victim. Victim and enemy were one. 

It doesn't happen every time with every victim. Sometimes there is no one-to-one comparison. But there's almost always one victim who gives his or her killer away. Sometimes it's a surviving victim.

https://victorianripper.forumotion.com/t2467p25-the-murder-of-edgar-allan-poe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 Dec 2021 - 0:44

Profiling Scenario:

Two people kill two people with the same weapon or method. The crime scenes are the same except for the victim.

One victims is a prostitute. One victim is a president.

Are the profiles the same?

M.O. is exactly the same. Same weapon. Same method exactly. Victim's are opposites. One is a president. One is a whore. Her identity is known and she's just a regular typical person in the sex trade, nothing notable about her background. But you can make a distinction as to high class call girl or common street prostitute.

Are the killers inherently different? How are they different? Marginally? Totally? Diametrically? Unknown?

Primacy of Victimology only stands if it stands in the most extremely opposing cases. Else it falls.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum