Jack the Ripper and Victorian Crime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Son(s) of Sam Cult
The Injuries Of Annie Chapman I_icon_minitimeWed 29 Dec 2021 - 22:22 by Guest

» SK Profile and Indicators
The Injuries Of Annie Chapman I_icon_minitimeMon 27 Dec 2021 - 15:46 by Guest

» Primacy of Victimology
The Injuries Of Annie Chapman I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Dec 2021 - 0:44 by Guest

» Serial Killer Age Demographics
The Injuries Of Annie Chapman I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Dec 2021 - 0:06 by Guest

» Freemasons and Human Anatomy
The Injuries Of Annie Chapman I_icon_minitimeFri 24 Dec 2021 - 1:12 by Guest

» Son of Jim and Mary?
The Injuries Of Annie Chapman I_icon_minitimeThu 23 Dec 2021 - 19:30 by Guest

» The Maybrick Diary: A New Guide through the Labyrinth
The Injuries Of Annie Chapman I_icon_minitimeFri 3 Dec 2021 - 19:28 by Guest

» Doeology v Genealogy
The Injuries Of Annie Chapman I_icon_minitimeSat 13 Nov 2021 - 21:46 by Guest

» Given up on George Chapman?
The Injuries Of Annie Chapman I_icon_minitimeFri 5 Nov 2021 - 20:15 by Guest

» The Meaning of the Goulston Street Graffiti
The Injuries Of Annie Chapman I_icon_minitimeSat 11 Sep 2021 - 19:10 by Guest

I forgot my password

Statistics
We have 15 registered users
The newest registered user is Keith David

Our users have posted a total of 5723 messages in 2445 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 516 on Thu 4 Jun 2015 - 16:29

The Injuries Of Annie Chapman

Go down

The Injuries Of Annie Chapman Empty The Injuries Of Annie Chapman

Post by Karen Sun 28 Feb 2010 - 17:26

As I have mentioned both in my book and on this blog before, Dr. Alfred William Pearson did perform a Radical Hysterectomy on Annie Chapman. Let us look again at the post-mortem data:

"The abdomen had been entirely laid open: the intestines, severed from their mesenteric attachments, had been lifted out of the body and placed on the shoulder of the corpse; whilst from the pelvis, the uterus and its appendages with the upper portion of the vagina and the posterior two thirds of the bladder, had been entirely removed. No trace of these parts could be found and the incisions were cleanly cut, avoiding the rectum, and dividing the vagina low enough to avoid injury to the cervix uteri. Obviously the work was that of an expert- of one, at least, who had such knowledge of anatomical or pathological examinations as to be enabled to secure the pelvic organs with one sweep of the knife, which must therefore must have at least 5 or 6 inches in length, probably more. The appearance of the cuts confirmed him in the opinion that the instrument, like the one which divided the neck, had been of a very sharp character. The mode in which the knife had been used seemed to indicate great anatomical knowledge. He thought he himself could not have performed all the injuries he described, even without a struggle, under a quarter of an hour. If he had down it in a deliberate way such as would fall to the duties of a surgeon it probably would have taken him the best part of an hour."

Now, let us look at the different types of Hysterectomy:

There are four types of hysterectomies. The type of hysterectomy performed depends on the problem being treated:

* Subtotal hysterectomy (partial) involves removing the body of the uterus, but leaving the cervix in place.
* Total hysterectomy involves removing the body of the uterus as well as the cervix.
* Total hysterectomy with salipingo-oophorectomy (bilateral if both ovaries are removed) involves removing the body of the uterus, the cervix, as well as the ovaries and Fallopian tubes.
* Radical hysterectomy is done specifically in the case of invasive gynaecological cancer, is the same procedure as a total hysterectomy but also involves the removal of the upper part of the vagina as well as the pelvic lymphatic ganglions.

From The Canadian Women's Health Network

Dr. Pearson (the Ripper) performed a Radical Hyterectomy when he removed the adnexa uteri, which includes the ovaries, fallopian tubes, associated ligaments and the cervix uteri, which includes the cervix and the upper part of the vagina. As per Phillips, the murderer divided the vagina just low enough to not cause damage to the cervix, meaning the cut must have been here, as shown by a red line:

[img]The Injuries Of Annie Chapman Y1ps5b11[/img]

The Uterine Appendages are defined as the ovaries, the fallopian tubes, and associated ligaments.

Uterine appendages

The ovaries, uterine (fallopian) tubes, and associated ligaments.

Synonym: adnexa uteri.

Therefore, in conclusion, the removal of Annie Chapman's uterus its appendages (including ovaries, fallopian tubes, and associated ligaments) the upper part of her vagina (including cervix) = a RADICAL HYSTERECTOMY
Karen
Karen
Admin

https://victorianripper.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Injuries Of Annie Chapman Empty Re: The Injuries Of Annie Chapman

Post by Guest Mon 21 Jun 2010 - 4:09

Annie
Chapman (born Eliza Ann Smith, September 1841 - September 8, 1888) is
widely believed to be the second victim of the notorious unidentified
serial killer Jack the Ripper, who killed and mutilated prostitutes in
the Whitechapel area of London during the late summer and autumn of