Jack the Ripper and Victorian Crime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Son(s) of Sam Cult
Prince Eddy's Connection I_icon_minitimeWed 29 Dec 2021 - 22:22 by Guest

» SK Profile and Indicators
Prince Eddy's Connection I_icon_minitimeMon 27 Dec 2021 - 15:46 by Guest

» Primacy of Victimology
Prince Eddy's Connection I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Dec 2021 - 0:44 by Guest

» Serial Killer Age Demographics
Prince Eddy's Connection I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Dec 2021 - 0:06 by Guest

» Freemasons and Human Anatomy
Prince Eddy's Connection I_icon_minitimeFri 24 Dec 2021 - 1:12 by Guest

» Son of Jim and Mary?
Prince Eddy's Connection I_icon_minitimeThu 23 Dec 2021 - 19:30 by Guest

» The Maybrick Diary: A New Guide through the Labyrinth
Prince Eddy's Connection I_icon_minitimeFri 3 Dec 2021 - 19:28 by Guest

» Doeology v Genealogy
Prince Eddy's Connection I_icon_minitimeSat 13 Nov 2021 - 21:46 by Guest

» Given up on George Chapman?
Prince Eddy's Connection I_icon_minitimeFri 5 Nov 2021 - 20:15 by Guest

» The Meaning of the Goulston Street Graffiti
Prince Eddy's Connection I_icon_minitimeSat 11 Sep 2021 - 19:10 by Guest

I forgot my password

Statistics
We have 15 registered users
The newest registered user is Keith David

Our users have posted a total of 5723 messages in 2445 subjects
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 516 on Thu 4 Jun 2015 - 16:29

Prince Eddy's Connection

Go down

Prince Eddy's Connection Empty Prince Eddy's Connection

Post by Karen Tue 14 Sep 2010 - 8:02

Similarly, Theo Aronson's roundabout portrait of the heir presumptive to the English throne, Prince Eddy and the Homosexual Underworld, achieves an authority that few previous accounts of the Cleveland Street Scandal and its aftermath attain. Again, it is not so much the evidence itself that has changed - the royal family, probably under the direction of Prince Eddy's father, Edward VII, destroyed all papers related to the affair shortly after Prince Albert Victor (Eddy) died in 1892. The depth with which existing evidence is examined and analyzed as well as Aronson's comprehensive look at not only Eddy's relationship to the Cleveland Street Scandal but also unrelated sensations like Jack the Ripper murders, to which he has in the past been linked, bolster reader confidence. Aronson, incidentally, sums up the plethora of Ripper scholarship deftly and succinctly but relies for his own primary evidence on the files of the director of public prosecutions at the Public Records Office - a nightmare of bureaucratic disorganization if ever one existed - and conducts a thorough examination of periodical and newspaper accounts of the period - no mean task.

Source: "They Sure Got to Prove It on Me": Millennial Thoughts on Gay Archives, Gay Biography, and Gay Library History, by James V. Carmichael, Jr.
Karen
Karen
Admin

https://victorianripper.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Prince Eddy's Connection Empty Mixed Up In The Affair

Post by Karen Tue 14 Sep 2010 - 18:41

Police documents from the Public Record Office (released in 1975) and the letters of the self-exiled Lord Arthur Somerset unequivocally link the later Duke of Clarence and his friend Stephen to the "Cleveland Street Scandal". Although the British press avoided this, the American press was occasionally more forthright: Cable reports from England announce that Prince Albert Victor [sic], eldest son of the Prince of Wales and heir presumptive to the throne, has returned from India, where he had gone to escape the smoke of the Cleveland Street scandal, in which he was "mixed up". ("Prince Victor", Daily Northwestern, Oshkosh, Wisconsin, 26 May 1890). Chief Inspector Frederick George Abberline (1843-1929), the most prominent investigator in the "Jack the Ripper" case, was also one of those handling the "Cleveland Street" investigation - see Morris B. Kaplan, Sodom on the Thames: Sex, Love, and Scandal in Wilde Times (Ithaca, NY: Cornell University Press, 2005), pp. 167-70

Source: "Paedobaptistry": Wilde as Priapic Educationalist, "Liable to Misconstruction": Pater's Evaluation of The Picture of Dorian Gray, Chapter Five

Last edited by Karen on Mon 15 Aug 2011 - 6:11; edited 1 time in total
Karen
Karen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Prince Eddy's Connection Empty Debauched Seventy Young Girls

Post by Karen Mon 15 Aug 2011 - 6:00

The beastly revelries of a lot of English noblemen in a house at Cavendish Square, in the West End of London, will be investigated by parliament. The fact that Prince Albert Victor, eldest son of the Prince of Wales, and therefore heir to the British throne, is connected with the scandal, makes the possible political effect pretentious, and the British throne may capsize in consequence. The noble brutes debauched about seventy young girls in the West End den, who were dressed as boys to elude notice. Hammond, who was general manager of the debauchery, has fled to the United States.

Source: The Capital Evening Journal, Friday December 20, 1889, Page 2
Karen
Karen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Prince Eddy's Connection Empty Re: Prince Eddy's Connection

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down