Jack the Ripper and Victorian Crime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Son(s) of Sam Cult
The Mysterious Mary Kelly. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 29 Dec 2021 - 22:22 by Guest

» SK Profile and Indicators
The Mysterious Mary Kelly. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 27 Dec 2021 - 15:46 by Guest

» Primacy of Victimology
The Mysterious Mary Kelly. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Dec 2021 - 0:44 by Guest

» Serial Killer Age Demographics
The Mysterious Mary Kelly. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Dec 2021 - 0:06 by Guest

» Freemasons and Human Anatomy
The Mysterious Mary Kelly. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 24 Dec 2021 - 1:12 by Guest

» Son of Jim and Mary?
The Mysterious Mary Kelly. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 23 Dec 2021 - 19:30 by Guest

» The Maybrick Diary: A New Guide through the Labyrinth
The Mysterious Mary Kelly. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 3 Dec 2021 - 19:28 by Guest

» Doeology v Genealogy
The Mysterious Mary Kelly. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 13 Nov 2021 - 21:46 by Guest

» Given up on George Chapman?
The Mysterious Mary Kelly. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 5 Nov 2021 - 20:15 by Guest

» The Meaning of the Goulston Street Graffiti
The Mysterious Mary Kelly. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 11 Sep 2021 - 19:10 by Guest

I forgot my password

Statistics
We have 15 registered users
The newest registered user is Keith David

Our users have posted a total of 5723 messages in 2445 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 516 on Thu 4 Jun 2015 - 16:29

The Mysterious Mary Kelly.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Mysterious Mary Kelly. - Page 2 Empty Re: The Mysterious Mary Kelly.

Post by Guest Mon 1 Apr 2013 - 22:37

I believe that Abberline's Winifred was murdered by mistake. I believe that Mary Jane (O'Brien) was the intended target. The reason that she was murdered is because she was related to individuals who were involved in the Irish resistance. QUOTE Karen

As you can see from this quote from the Life of Mary Kelly thread, Karen's Winnifred theory is based on the Mary Kelly Survived scenario. Winnifred was killed by mistake and therefore doesn't really fit in with the conspiracy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen Wed 3 Apr 2013 - 3:33

That is entirely correct, Dr. O.

My theory is that Mary Jane O'Brien (an Irish woman), who was the intended target of JTR, did indeed survive the murder attempt because she more than likely had slept that night at the Providence Row Night Refuge. This woman, I believe, was 35 years of age.
The woman who died in Miller's Court (a Welsh woman), whose common street name was "Mary Jane Kelly" was really named Winifred May Davies. This woman was 23-26 years of age.

These posters, like Wynne Baxter, keep trying to confuse my readers with two separate individuals in order to perpetuate their "profiteering racket."
Karen
Karen
Admin

https://victorianripper.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Sep 2013 - 19:49

Genealogically minded persons have been investigating a Mary Jane Kelly with a missing death record for the time her children were officially orphaned.

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=561519.0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 31 Oct 2013 - 12:47

Karen wrote:That is entirely correct, Dr. O.
The woman who died in Miller's Court (a Welsh woman), whose common street name was "Mary Jane Kelly" was really named Winifred May Davies. This woman was 23-26 years of age.
Karen,

May I ask you how you arrived at Winifred May Davies. Did she come from the Abberline diaries too?

Does she match with some of the witness reports about MJK's origins? I take it Davies is her married name so that would be a match...

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen Fri 1 Nov 2013 - 21:37

I arrived at the name of Winifred May Davies from a few pieces of information. Firstly, I noticed in Melvyn Fairclough's book that Abberline had kept 3 diaries in which he stated that the woman who was really murdered in Miller's Court was Winifred May Collis and that the other woman who survived was Mary Jane O'Brien.
If you remember what is written on Mary Jane Kelly's tombstone, it states,
"Mary Jane Kelly, otherwise Davies."

So you need to focus on the Davies portion of the inscription and not the Mary Jane Kelly portion. So, what I did was attempt to find a marriage in Wales, circa 1879, between a Winifred May and a collier named Davies. Well, I found a woman named Winifred May Davies who married a collier named Edward Jones in Caernarvonshire in Wales. Barnett had claimed that Kelly stated that she was either from Carmarthenshire or Caernarvonshire. So, this individual does match Barnett's claims of a marriage in Wales in 1879, a woman named Winifred May, who married a collier and him dying in the Lancashire collier disaster of 1881 (which was two years after their marriage occurred.)
Karen
Karen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 2 Nov 2013 - 10:40

This is the Edward Jones death I found:

ABRAM. Wigan, Lancashire. 19th. December, 1881
http://www.cmhrc.co.uk/cms/document/1880_81.pdf

The explosion occurred in the No.4 pit of the Abram Coal Company at Abram, Lancashire, a small village outside Wigan....

The total number of bodies brought out of the pit was forty one and of those brought out of the pit alive seven subsequently died from their injuries which brought the final toll to forty eight of which over half were men under 30 years of age mostly from the Park Lane and Westleigh areas.

The disaster left 25 widows and 73 children fatherless.

Those who died

John Edward Jones aged 26 years, dataller.

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen Sat 2 Nov 2013 - 12:33

Correct, that is the individual that I found six years ago, which you can read about in my second book, "Jack the Ripper: The Satanic Team."
Karen
Karen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 5 Nov 2013 - 14:38

The name Collis would be another alias for Winifred, I assume.
Mary O'Brien can't be eliminated or included by death record if she 'survived'. Winifred Davies can if she is the one who died.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 5 Dec 2013 - 23:17

Melanie Clegg wrote:
 For those of you who missed it, here is the original draft (I made some amendments on the day) of the talk I gave at the 2013 Jack the Ripper Conference about Mary Jane Kelly, the last accepted victim of the Whitechapel Murderer.
http://madameguillotine.org.uk/2013/11/22/mary-jane-kelly-international-woman-mystery/

Back to top Go down

The Mysterious Mary Kelly. - Page 2 Empty Edith Claxton

Post by Karen Fri 10 Apr 2015 - 19:18

Line #12345678910
15274Clarke John WMHeadMMay185655
16274Clarke AddieFWifeMJan186248
17274Waleworth GarrietFNieceSOct188723

Claxton Edith

F
Head
W
May

Claxton Winnifred

F
Daughter
S
Apr
20Best LouisMHeadMApr188130
21Best Nevada JFWifeMSept?24
22Best NevadaFDaughterSOct19046
23Best FultonM SonSOct19064
24Best MargaretFDaughterSJul19092

1911 Census of Canada, Ontario, Kingston, Kingston, page 25
Karen
Karen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2