Jack the Ripper and Victorian Crime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Son(s) of Sam Cult
The Graffiti Blunder I_icon_minitimeWed 29 Dec 2021 - 22:22 by Guest

» SK Profile and Indicators
The Graffiti Blunder I_icon_minitimeMon 27 Dec 2021 - 15:46 by Guest

» Primacy of Victimology
The Graffiti Blunder I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Dec 2021 - 0:44 by Guest

» Serial Killer Age Demographics
The Graffiti Blunder I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Dec 2021 - 0:06 by Guest

» Freemasons and Human Anatomy
The Graffiti Blunder I_icon_minitimeFri 24 Dec 2021 - 1:12 by Guest

» Son of Jim and Mary?
The Graffiti Blunder I_icon_minitimeThu 23 Dec 2021 - 19:30 by Guest

» The Maybrick Diary: A New Guide through the Labyrinth
The Graffiti Blunder I_icon_minitimeFri 3 Dec 2021 - 19:28 by Guest

» Doeology v Genealogy
The Graffiti Blunder I_icon_minitimeSat 13 Nov 2021 - 21:46 by Guest

» Given up on George Chapman?
The Graffiti Blunder I_icon_minitimeFri 5 Nov 2021 - 20:15 by Guest

» The Meaning of the Goulston Street Graffiti
The Graffiti Blunder I_icon_minitimeSat 11 Sep 2021 - 19:10 by Guest

I forgot my password

Statistics
We have 15 registered users
The newest registered user is Keith David

Our users have posted a total of 5723 messages in 2445 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 516 on Thu 4 Jun 2015 - 16:29

The Graffiti Blunder

Go down

The Graffiti Blunder Empty The Graffiti Blunder

Post by Karen Fri 14 May 2010 - 1:31

Women Killings in London.

Investigations into the murdered woman named Catherine Eddowes are now closed but, without, however, managing to get any clues about the murderer. The investigation, however, has brought a curious circumstance to light. About an hour after the murdered woman's corpse had been discovered, police found a bloodstained piece of an apron, just next to an inn. On the wall opposite to the place, where the bloody garment was found, was written in chalk: "The suspicion is not directed against Jews." These words were probably written by the murderer to send the police on the wrong track. In any event, they had a written statement which appears to be linked to the murder and that seemed to be evidence and it is the police's duty to preserve it. But instead of doing this, the police rushed to erase the words. The reason for which the police gave for committing this blunder, did hold some credit. It is feared that Jews would be the subject of people's fury, if they did not immediately erase the words. It occurred to none of the constables that it would have been enough to just wipe out that single word or cover the writing and set a vigil at the wall, until they had time to fetch a photographer. Jack the Ripper, who prior to the recent murder in London informed the police that he would continue his dreadful work, seems to have now turned up in Belfast, where he had sent to a Journal a despatch of containment, that next Saturday he would begin his work in Belfast, because London had now become too hot for him. Thursday, October 18 the police arrested in Belfast, a suspicious individual, who possessed a long knife and three razors. He refused to give information about who he was. One of the razors was ground with blood. The day before, one of the city's newspapers received a letter of which reads as follows:
"Dear Boss, I have come to your city, as London has been too hot for me, I will now do my surgery here. I have seen for myself some well-to-do fat girls that it would be my pleasure to rip up. I can not wait to start, because I enjoy my work. Jack the Ripper."

Source: Westra Finland, 31 October 1888, No. 9, Page 4
Karen
Karen
Admin

https://victorianripper.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Graffiti Blunder Empty Re: The Graffiti Blunder

Post by Guest Wed 25 Jul 2012 - 5:56

Hi Karen, Just shows there was so much mis-reporting of facts, or made up material, or just mistakes. ie the 4 on eddowes arm [tattoo] it was TC and a picture of her clearly shows it. I must say at this point I have found some good stuff on your site and a lot original finds from you are interesting. You have done a lot of work.

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen Wed 25 Jul 2012 - 8:11

Thank you very much ajrocker!
Karen
Karen
Admin

https://victorianripper.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content