Jack the Ripper and Victorian Crime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Son(s) of Sam Cult
Hebersthal Murder:Ripper Related? I_icon_minitimeWed 29 Dec 2021 - 22:22 by Guest

» SK Profile and Indicators
Hebersthal Murder:Ripper Related? I_icon_minitimeMon 27 Dec 2021 - 15:46 by Guest

» Primacy of Victimology
Hebersthal Murder:Ripper Related? I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Dec 2021 - 0:44 by Guest

» Serial Killer Age Demographics
Hebersthal Murder:Ripper Related? I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Dec 2021 - 0:06 by Guest

» Freemasons and Human Anatomy
Hebersthal Murder:Ripper Related? I_icon_minitimeFri 24 Dec 2021 - 1:12 by Guest

» Son of Jim and Mary?
Hebersthal Murder:Ripper Related? I_icon_minitimeThu 23 Dec 2021 - 19:30 by Guest

» The Maybrick Diary: A New Guide through the Labyrinth
Hebersthal Murder:Ripper Related? I_icon_minitimeFri 3 Dec 2021 - 19:28 by Guest

» Doeology v Genealogy
Hebersthal Murder:Ripper Related? I_icon_minitimeSat 13 Nov 2021 - 21:46 by Guest

» Given up on George Chapman?
Hebersthal Murder:Ripper Related? I_icon_minitimeFri 5 Nov 2021 - 20:15 by Guest

» The Meaning of the Goulston Street Graffiti
Hebersthal Murder:Ripper Related? I_icon_minitimeSat 11 Sep 2021 - 19:10 by Guest

I forgot my password

Statistics
We have 15 registered users
The newest registered user is Keith David

Our users have posted a total of 5723 messages in 2445 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 12 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 516 on Thu 4 Jun 2015 - 16:29

Hebersthal Murder:Ripper Related?

Go down

Hebersthal Murder:Ripper Related? Empty Hebersthal Murder:Ripper Related?

Post by Karen Sat 10 Jul 2010 - 17:07

ANOTHER JACK THE RIPPER.

A Woman Brutally Murdered and Horribly Mutilated.

LONDON, April 8. - The barbarous murder of Helena Montana, a disreputable woman, at Hebersthal, near Aix-la-Chapelle, has caused great excitement. The woman was killed in some mysterious manner in the open street, under the eyes of the passers by.
The throat was cut from ear to ear. The body was disemboweled, and otherwise mutilated, after the fashion of Jack the Ripper.
The unfortunate woman was drinking with a Chinaman all the afternoon in a low den, and the pair parted apparently on friendly terms.
It is supposed that the Chinaman subsequently lay in wait for and murdered her.
When the body was found at midnight the blood lay in stagnant pools on the pavement all around it.
No outcries were heard by those living in the vicinity and none of the neighbors could throw a particle of light on the mystery.
The police arrested thirty laborers of the Chinese colony on suspicion of having been accessory to the murder.
The London police department is much interested in this crime on account of its similarity to the murders committed by Jack the Ripper, and sent detectives to trace the scenes of the last Whitechapel crime, taking the details of the Hebersthal murder along with them for comparison.
A reporter who accompanied the officers created great excitement by relating the story of the Hebersthal outrage, and women and children flocked about him expressing their hopes that Jack was at last discovered.

Source: The Ogdensburg Journal, April 1890
Karen
Karen
Admin

https://victorianripper.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down